Thursday, May 1, 2014

How do we apply our close read of "Science of the Soul" to Jean-Dominique Bauby?

QUICK WRITE:

Reflect on what you learned in detail this week in at least one well-organized paragraph.

I have learned something new within this past week. Its a cultivation of things we have discussed leading up to this point and the biggest thing that I really can take away at this point is how strong the human brain really is. Our minds are essential in our lives and without a strong one then you will be drastically limiting yourself in all aspects of life. I tend to take a positive outlook on life now more so than ever before. I usually keep my thoughts and feelings to myself, But as of late I have been willing to express myself because I realized that sharing these things are also a critical part in growing and improving your mind. Overall what I can say is that if you have a strong mind, no matter what. You can make it through to the other side.

Step 1: By now you should have read the article about the “Science of the Soul.” 
Question: How do the ideas in the article apply to Bauby? Do they apply to Bauby?
 
The article is very interesting as it does leave room for debating the "I think, therefore I am" theory. However in Bauby's case I believe that if you were to take this theory and say that it is true then Bauby would definitely exist. He is alive and based off the theory since his mind is fully functional and he is capable of having thoughts and his feelings are intact then that would mean that he exists. Personally I wouldn't try to apply whatever was said in the article to Bauby, I do believe that humans have souls and I don't think its fair to say that if people couldn't have thoughts then they do not exist. Their is a bunch of people who are mentally impaired, But their feelings are still there so I can't say if someones brain can not function properly then that labels them as non-existing.


 Step 2: Synthesize all of this heavy thinking into a cartoon that gives a graphic reflection of your opinion on the human vs animal debate. Show your readers your opinion on what and how animals think as opposed to what and how people think. Be creative with your graphic story.

Cartoon Completed in my previous post. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment